The BMW iX selling prices have changed in the past year and still this depreciation is very high.
BMW Malaysia introduced this all electric SAV, called the ‘iX’ in late August 2021, which is some 16 months ago.
Demand was high from the start and and surprisingly, BMW managed to import in a high number of units despite global logistics and parts issues and in a short few months you could see units running around Klang valley mostly.
At launch, there were four variants of the BMW iX available to Malaysian buyers. Please take note that selling prices (shown below at launch) have changed in the last year due to various facts.
- iX xDrive40 – RM419,630
- iX xDrive40 with Power Package – RM424,230
- iX xDrive40 Sport – RM472,630
- iX xDrive40 Sport with Power Package – RM477,230
Now, some 16 months later, we see a number of used units appearing for sale in local classifieds.
The below ‘white colour’ unit is the third unit we have seen online in the past week and its asking price of RM368,800 is about RM104,000 lower than the new selling price. After speaking to the salesperson we found out that this is an early unit and being sold by a BMW dealer.
Our calculations show a RM6,500 depreciations every month for an estimated 16 months of use. We are surprised as the demand for luxury electric cars remain high and even with a possible recession on its way, the buyer demographic for luxury EV’s are not yet affected.
The details of this used iX are as follows.
MODEL : BMW IX xDrive40 Sport
YEAR : 2021
MILEAGE : 13,000KM
OUTPUT : 326HP (630Nm)
WARRANTY : Till 2026
FREE SERVICE : Till 2027 / 120,000km
BATTERY WARRANTY : Till 2029 / 160,000km
The shared vehicle details by the used car dealer are as follows.
– Adaptive BMW Laserlight with High Beam Assistant
– Automatic Wiper
– Automatic Air Conditioning 4 Zone Control
– Automatic Anti Dazzle Driver Side Mirror and Interior Rear View Mirror
– Attentiveness Assistant
– Active Cruise Control with Stop and Go Function
– BMW xDrive with Intelligent Electric All-Wheel Drive
– Brake Energy Recuperation System
– BMW Gesture Control
– Comfort Access System
– Driving Assistant Professional with Steering and Lane Control Assistant
– Emergency Stop Assistant and Evasion Assistant
– Electric Adjustable Steering Column
– Head-up Display
– 360 Surround View Camera
– Harman Kardon Surround Sound System (18-speakers, 655W)
– 12.3-inch BMW Live Cockpit Professional Instrument Display
– 14.9-inch Navigation system Professional system
– IDrive Touch (Clear&Bold with Faceted Crystal Glass)
– BMW ConnectedDrive Services
– Intelligent Emergency Call (SOS)
– Memory Seat Function
– 360 Degree Surround View Camera
– Parking Assistant Plus with Rear View Camera
– Flat Tyre Indicator
– Welcome Light Carpet
– 6 Airbags
– Active Protection
– Central Locking System
– Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
– Dynamic Brake Control (DBC)
– Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
– Dynamic Braking Lights with Flashing Function
– Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC)
– Lane Departure Warning
– Lane Change Warning
– Front Collision Warning with Brake Intervention
– Rear Collision Prevention
– Speed Limit Info
– Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
– Child Safety Lock
There was also a 2022 almost new unit in Blueridge Mountain colour with just 1,000 kilometers driven for sale at RM415,000 which is a RM57,000 depreciation in less than one year.
However, this particular unit is a former demo unit from BMW Malaysia and this is why its mileage is very low.
With more affluent Malaysians wanting an electric vehicle and at this asking price, we suggest taking a closer look as both SAV’s still have full factory warranty for the electronics and also EV battery pack and BMW after sales to look after the running of the iX.