With prices like these, it is no question that Nissan is aiming for a large slice of the B-segment sedan pie locally.
Just in time to round up this week of new releases locally, Edaran Tan Chong Motor (ETCM) has finally unveiled the prices of its hotly awaited Nissan Almera Turbo. Starting from RM 80k, this new offering from the Japanese automaker should worry its other B-segment sedan rivals.
Officially launched a while back, the on-the-road prices of the three launch trim variants are as follows:
- Nissan Almera Turbo VL: RM 79,906
- Nissan Almera Turbo VLP: RM 85,715
- Nissan Almera Turbo VLT: RM 91,310
Note that all these prices here are inclusive of the sales tax exemption and will only be valid till the 31st of December 2020.
All variants will be powered by a 1.0 litre turbocharged three-cylinder that outputs 100 PS and a healthy 152 Nm of torque. Mated to an X-TRONIC CVT gearbox and featuring GT-R derived Mirror Bore Coating Technology on the engine internals, a fuel economy figure of 18.4 km/l is claimed for the Almera Turbo.
A spec-by-spec comparison for each variant is listed below:
Nissan Almera Turbo VL (RM 79,906)
- Halogen Headlamps with Auto On/Off
- Halogen Front Fog Lamps with Halogen Daytime Running Lights
- Power Foldable and Adjustable Side Mirrors with LED Wing Mirror Signal Lights
- LED Rear Combination Lamps with LED Rear Fog Lamp
- Body-coloured Sport Diffuser (Rear)
- Rear Bumper with Carbon Fibre Pattern
- 15” Silver Painted Alloy Wheels (195/65 R15)
- Intelligent Key (i-Key) with Push Start Ignition and Engine Immobiliser
- Side Air Vent with Silver Painted Ring and Piano Black Finishing
- Sporty Flat Bottom Urethane Steering Wheel with Mat Chrome Finishing, Audio and Bluetooth Handsfree Controls
- Urethane Shift Knob with Carbon Fibre Pattern
- Gear Level in Piano Black with Silver Gate Finisher
- Carbon Fibre Pattern Meter Cluster Housing, Shift Knob & Door Armrest
- Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel
- Fine Vision Meter with Multi-info Display
- AM/FM, iPod, AUX, Bluetooth, 4 speakers and 3 x USB-powered Ports
- Manual Air-conditioning System
- Variable Intermittent Wiper
- Front Centre Console with Armrest
- Zero-Gravity Inspired Semi Bucket Sport Fabric Seats with Grey Accent
- 60:40 Split Fold-down Rear Seats with Armrest and Cup Holders
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning (IFCW) & Intelligent Forward Emergency Braking (IFEB)
- 2 SRS Airbags (driver and passenger)
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), Traction Control System (TCS), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- ISOFIX with Top Tether (x2)
Nissan Almera Turbo VLP (RM 85,715)
In addition to the VL variant:
- 16” Machined Two Tone Alloy Wheels (205/55 R16)
- Dual Tone Dashboard and Soft Padded Grey Instrument Panel with Double Stitching
- Sporty Flat Bottom Leather Steering Wheel with Audio, Bluetooth Handsfree & Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Switches
- Leather Shift Knob with Chrome Lining
- Zero-Gravity Inspired Semi Bucket Sport Leather Seats with Grey Accent
- Full Colour 7” Semi Digital Display Meters
- 8” Advance Touchscreen Display Audio with Apple CarPlay™ and 6 Speakers
- Automatic Climate Control
- Chrome Inner Door Handle
- 6 SRS Airbags
- Rear View Camera
Nissan Almera Turbo VLT (RM 91,310)
In addition to the VLP variant:
- LED Headlamps with Auto On/Off
- LED Front Fog Lamp & LED Daytime Running Lights
- Trunk Lid Spoiler (Gloss Black)
- Cruise Control
- Intelligent Around View Monitor (IAVM); 360-degree 4 cameras
- Intelligent Moving Object Detection (IMOD)
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
The new Almera Turbo will be available in Radiant Red, Monarch Orange, Dark Metal Grey, Brilliant White, Diamond Black and Tungsten Silver. A multitude of accessories are also available to further personalise one’s new Nissan sedan.
To further sweeten the deal for prospective Almera Turbo buyers, ETCM is offering a 5-year unlimited mileage vehicle warranty, in addition to 5 times free alternating maintenance service within 5 years.
Buyers looking to purchase on finance too can look forward to the special hire purchase Flexi Financing promotion offered by ETCM. The new Nissan Almera Turbo could now be had for RM688, RM 738 and RM 788 a month for the VL, VLP and VLT variants respectively. Though these loan repayment figures are based on the ‘OTR price without Insurance in Peninsular Malaysia, 90% loan amount, 9 years loan tenure’. Moreover, this deal is only valid till the end of this year.
As for insurance, Tan Chong Insurance Business Stream (TCIBS) is offering customers who insure their new Almera Turbos with them ‘free Personal Accident (PA) coverage with sum insured up to RM75,000, Key Care cover reimbursement up to RM 1,500 and Flood Relief allowance up to RM 1,500’.
With all these benefits on top of what seems to be a pretty good B-segment challenger already, Nissan’s closest rivals should be worried as the Almera is no longer a car to buy because of the price. Instead, it is now a genuine alternative to the Honda City, Toyota Vios and even the newly launched Proton X50.
So to those out there who are have the Almera on your shortlist, why not head over to the Nissan dealership sometime soon? As a test drive in this latest addition to the local Nissan lineup could net you one of 10 iPhone SE (128 GB) up for grabs. Or if you purchase and register an Almera during within the next two months, you may also stand a chance to win prizes worth up to RM 88,888 in ETCM’s Buy & Win Contest.
PRESS RELEASE: Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn. Bhd. (ETCM) today officially announce the price of the All-New Nissan Almera Turbo, with three different variants offered from:
Peninsular Malaysia (On-the-road price without Insurance, with Sales Tax Exemption):
VL variant: RM 79,906
VLP variant: RM 85,715
VLT variant: RM 91,310
East Malaysia (On-the-road price without Insurance, with Sales Tax Exemption):
VL variant: RM 82,406
VLP variant: RM 88,215
VLT variant: RM 93,810
Labuan (On-the-road price without Insurance):
VL variant: RM 66,188
VLP variant: RM 73,688
VLT variant: RM 77,888
Langkawi (On-the-road price without Insurance):
VL variant: RM 65,188
VLP variant: RM 72,688
VLT variant: RM 76,888
All three variants of the Nissan Almera Turbo comes standard with the all-new HR10DET 1.0 litre Turbo engine paired with next generation X-TRONIC CVT with D-Step Logic and Sport mode that unleashes a maximum power output of 100PS and high torque of 152Nm (flat torque curve) at a low 2,400 to 4,000 rpm yet delivering remarkable fuel efficiency of 18.4km/L**(5.4L/100km), and Nissan Intelligent Mobility advance driver assistance systems such as the Intelligent Forward Collision Warning (IFCW) with Intelligent Forward Emergency Braking (IFEB).
The all-new Nissan Almera Turbo comes in six dynamic colours, 3 all-new – the Radiant Red, Monarch Orange and Dark Metal Grey, while the ever popular Brilliant White, Diamond Black and Tungsten Silver are also available.
A 5-year unlimited mileage vehicle warranty comes standard on all Nissan Almera Turbo variants, along with free 5 times alternating maintenance service (parts and labour included) within 5 years.
ETCM is also offering a special hire purchase Flexi Financing Promotion as follows:
- VL variant: RM 688 monthly
- VLP variant: RM 738 monthly
- VLT variant: RM 788 monthly
- Based on OTR price without Insurance in Peninsular Malaysia, 90% loan amount, 9 years loan tenure and valid until 31 December 2020
Additionally, customers who purchase their insurance for the all-new Nissan Almera Turbo with Tan Chong Insurance Business Stream (TCIBS) will get free Personal Accident (PA) coverage with sum insured up to RM75,000, Key Care cover reimbursement up to RM 1,500 and Flood Relief allowance up to RM 1,500.
Members of public are also invited to experience the all-new Nissan Almera Turbo at all Nissan showrooms nationwide and stand a chance to win 10 iPhone SE (128GB) worth RM 2,199 each when they test drive the all-new Nissan Almera Turbo. Customers may also stand a chance to win prizes worth up to RM 88,888 in the Buy & Win Contest when they purchase and register the all-new Nissan Almera Turbo from November 2020 to December 2020.
As a recap, the all-new Nissan Almera Turbo takes the popular B-sedan to a new level of advancement with enhanced specifications not usually found in the segment. Following the theme ‘Challenge All Beliefs’, the all-new Nissan Almera Turbo is not the Almera everyone knew before. It is completely redesigned to be energetic, provocative and engaging with its dynamic styling, confidence-inspiring performance and innovative technologies, that sets to challenge customers’ beliefs on what modern sedans should be.
Watch how the all-new Nissan Almera Turbo redefines the status quo in the Challenge All Beliefs video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZn9MlLPniU in Nissan Malaysia Youtube channel, or Nissan Malaysia Facebook official page.
Visit any Nissan showroom nationwide and experience the all-new Nissan Almera Turbo today. For more information, please log on to www.almeraturbo.com.my or call Nissan Customer Care Centre hotline at 1800-88-3838.