Published on November 10th, 2021 | by Hammer0
Mercedes-Benz Vito Tourer Launched For RM342,036
This is a 10- seater long wheelbase Vito Tourer. This German imported people mover arrives via authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer in Malaysia, Hap Seng Star Sdn Bhd and not Mercedes-Benz Malaysia because Hap Seng is the official commercial vehicle distributor in the country.
So, yes, this is tagged as a commercial vehicle as it has 10 seats and sitting on a platform that is also a commercial van, however there is nothing ‘commercial’ or ‘van’ about its comfort, features and safety equipment.
The Vito family includes a panel van, a crew van and also this people mover. There is also an eVito which Malaysia will be seeing in the coming years as Mercedes-Benz moves all its products towards electrification.
Meanwhile, since the market launch of the first generation in 1996, more than 1.8 million units of the Vito Tourer have been sold worldwide.
This new Mercedes MPV was unveiled at the Menara Hap Seng 3 Kuala Lumpur Autohaus located at the crosswalk of Jalan Sultan Ismail.
As Versatile As Your Trips
The Vito Tourer makes driving a leisure with its spacious interior for up to 10 people, including the driver in the 2-3-2-3 seat configuration. It boasts a comprehensive list of standard features to deliver the reliability, safety and economy that have come to characterise Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
Passengers settle into seats, which promise and deliver a comfortable journey, surrounded by an interior that’s characterised as first class-leading workmanship and materials. Externally, the Vito Tourer is aesthetically appealing, dynamically satisfying, and ergonomically pleasing to drive.
This highly versatile Vito Tourer is fitted with a guide rail system and quick-release attachment, providing flexibility in the seating configuration. This allows personalisation of the seating arrangement based on the driver and passengers’ preferences.
Its exterior is equipped with 17-inch light-alloy wheels as well as a chromed radiator grille that refines the front design with a distinctive shiny look. The versatile roof railing painted in black, allows transportation of additional cargo with a capacity of up to 150kg.
Efficient, Environmentally Friendly and Shifts Gear Comfortably.
Powered by the 4-cylinder M274 petrol engine, it combines agile performance with a high level of environmental compatibility. The Vito Tourer also comes with a large fuel tank of around 70 litres, enabling greater range and time saving as fewer refuelling stops are required.
Other innovations in the vehicle include the 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission that has nine gears that keep the engine speed low in every driving situation. In addition, the wide gear ratio range and finely graduated gears reduce the leaps in revs when changing gear. This leads to smoother gear shifts and greater fuel savings.
Safe on all trips.
When it comes to vehicle safety, Mercedes-Benz has always been a pioneer in the industry. The exemplary safety and assistance systems in the vehicle benefit everyone including the driver, passengers and even other road users.
Safety and assistance systems that are available as standard in the Vito Tourer:
- Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC automatically maintains a safe distance to the vehicle travelling in front and thus relieves strain on the driver, for example in stop-and-go traffic.
- Lane Keeping Assist helps the driver to stay in lane and change lanes on multi-lane roads and helps to prevent accidents caused by the vehicle unintentionally leaving its lane. The system will provide the driver with a haptic warning when the vehicle is about to cross a detected lane marking.
- Active Brake Assist function helps to prevent accidents with vehicles travelling ahead and with crossing pedestrians, or can mitigate the consequences of an accident. If the risk of a collision is detected, a visual and acoustic warning is first triggered. It’s followed by autonomous emergency braking if the driver doesn’t respond.
- Blind Spot Assist function uses visual and acoustic warning signals to help prevent accidents when changing lanes, for example on motorways.
- Attention Assist system can help to avoid momentary nodding off and therefore provides increased safety, particularly when driving at night and on long journeys.
- Crosswind Assist can reduce swerving caused by wind gusts with braking interventions on the upwind wheels.
- Parking Package with Parktronic supports driver when parking and manoeuvring. Ultrasonic sensor monitors the area in front of and behind the vehicle, and visual and audible feedback enable drivers to estimate the distance to detected objects.
The Vito Tourer also comes with many other safety features such as LED Intelligent Light System, High Beam Assist Plus, Hill-Start Assist, tyre pressure monitoring system, ESP® Electronic Stability Program, reversing camera and protection of up to 6 airbags including the windows-bags and thorax-pelvis side-bags for both driver and front passenger.
All of the features have one thing in common: they ensure passengers reach their destination safely.
Comfort features in the interior include individually adjustable comfort seats for driver and front passenger, multifunction steering wheel with trip computer and instrument cluster, which information can be conveniently accessed and controlled. The steering wheel that’s adjustable in height and inclination makes an ergonomic seating posture possible for drivers of the most diverse stature.
The Vito Tourer also comes with THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control that improves the climate comfort in the vehicle and keeps drivers feeling cool, especially when driving in hot climates. It automatically controls temperature, airflow and air distribution in two climate zones, so that the driver and front passenger can feel equally comfortable in their different, preferred climates. The TEMPMATIC semi-automatic air-conditioning system in the rear increases the feeling of well-being with a pleasant temperature in the vehicle interior and makes an important contribution towards driver fitness.
For infotainment, the Audio 30 multimedia system comes as standard with its diverse range of communication and infotainment features. Users can operate all functions through the 7inches touchscreen. The system’s stand-out highlights include smartphone integration via Apple® CarPlay and Android Auto.
The courtesy lights of the Vito Tourer make getting in and out in the dark safer, more pleasant and comfortable for the driver and passengers. They’re built into the door panels that switch on when the door is opened. The electric sliding door opens and closes automatically by pressing on a button which can be operated by a remote control, exterior door handle, interior button on door panel, or driver’s button.
The Mercedes-Benz Vito Tourer SELECT 121 model at a glance:
Model Mercedes-Benz Vito Tourer
Vehicle Type Vito Tourer SELECT 121
Displacement (cc) 1,991
Rated output (hp at rpm) 211/5,500
Rated torque (Nm at rpm) 350/1,300-4,000
Seating 10 including driver and co-driver
Dimension (in mm) 1958 (H) x 2244 (W) x 5370 (L)
Gross Vehicle Weight 3100 kg
Colour Obsidian Black Metallic, Rock Crystal White Metallic, Graphite Grey Metallic, & Cavansite Blue Metallic
Price (OTR w/o Insurance) RM342,036.40