Key points to absorb right away.
- The 2.0L Bi-Turbo diesel engine offers high-performing and fuel-efficient drive train options that are sought after by high-speed off-roading enthusiasts in Malaysia.
- Paired with the e-shifter 10-speed automatic transmission, the Next-Gen Ranger Raptor0L Bi-Turbo Diesel delivers up to 210 PS at 3,750 rpm and 500 Nm of torque at 1,750-2,000rpm.
- Rule any terrain with a re-engineered suspension, FOX 2.5-inch Internal Bypass shock absorbers, an upgraded chassis, up to seven selectable drive modes, and advance next-level driver-assisted technologies that takes your driving experience to the next level.
- Catch the Next-Gen Ranger Raptor 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel at the Ford Experience Hub roadshow tour.
- The first 300 customers to book the Next-Gen Ranger Raptor Bi-Turbo 2.0L Diesel will enjoy a specially-fitted dual-channel Kenwood DRV-A700W WQHD dash-cam with a built-in wireless link and GPS and an additional RM500 discount on a Ford Ranger Getaway.
- Customers who place a booking at any of the roadshow events will also receive booking gifts.
The 2.0-litre diesel engine variant joins its 3.0-litre twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 petrol engine counterpart in the Next-Gen Ranger Raptor line-up.
In case you were wondering, the above mentioned petrol version is priced from RM259,000.
“As Asia Pacific’s only factory-built performance truck for high-speed off-roading, demand for the Ranger Raptor has exceeded expectations. Response to the Next-Gen Ranger Raptor has been great since we launched the V6 variant.
Based on feedback received, we know many Malaysian customers want a choice of engines and the 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel engine is a great addition to our line-up,” said Turse Zuhair, Managing Director of Sime Darby Auto ConneXion-Ford.
More choice with a proven powertrain and uncompromised fuel efficiency
First introduced in 2018 on the previous generation Ford Ranger Raptor, the 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel engine offers another ownership option to meet the strong demand from Malaysian customers.
The tried and tested engine not only delivers the powerful performance that Ford customers know and love, it also ensures un-compromised fuel efficiency thanks to extensive research and development.
Paired with the e-shifter 10-speed automatic transmission, the Next-Gen Ranger Raptor 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel delivers up to 210 PS at 3,750 rpm and 500 Nm of torque at 1,750-2,000rpm.
The 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel variant also benefits from a range of features to offer a competitive fuel consumption of 8.2L/100km. These features include the stop/start function, battery monitoring system, high-efficiency alternators, LED daytime running lights (DRL), active transmission warmup, ultra-low viscosity transmission fluid, synthetic rear axle fluid to reduce parasitic driveline losses, and a cooling fan with brushless motors to reduce electrical losses.
Designed to match its V6 counterpart, the Next-Gen Ranger Raptor 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel features the same reinforced chassis. It includes the C-pillar, load box and spare wheel, as well as unique frames for the jounce bumper, shock tower and rear shock bracket, all combined to ensure the next-gen Ranger Raptor can handle punishing off-road conditions.
It also features the same redesigned suspension with the new FOX 2.5-inch Internal Bypass shock absorbers in front, refined Watt’s link at the rear and advanced permanent four-wheel drive system with an all-new electronically controlled on-demand two-speed transfer case, combined with rear locking differentials.
The Ford Performance tuned FOX 2.5-inch Internal Bypass shock absorbers are the most sophisticated ever on a Ranger Raptor and are filled with Teflon-infused oil that reduces friction by around 50 percent compared to the previous Raptor.
The Next-Gen Ranger Raptor 2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel is also equipped with FOX’s race-proven Bottom-Out Control and the 2.3mm-thick high-strength steel bash plate, along with an under shield and transfer case shield. Also, standard are twin-rated tow hooks at the front and rear for flexible recovery, as well as balance straps for snatch recoveries in deep sand or thick mud.
Similar to the V6 variant, it also offers the updated Terrain Management System now with seven selectable drive modes, but without the active valve exhaust system. The seven drive modes are Normal, Sport, Slippery, Rock Crawl, Sand, Mud/Ruts and Baja.
Each selectable drive mode helps adjust many elements – from engine and transmission to ABS sensitivity and calibration, traction and stability controls, exhaust valve actuation, steering, throttle response, and even the display of the instrument cluster and centre touchscreen – all to match the road conditions.
Additionally, the anti-lag system in Baja mode allows drivers to resume acceleration faster out of corners or between gears by keeping the turbochargers spinning for up to three seconds after they back off the throttle.