Published on May 22nd, 2019 | by Daniel0
Malaysia will not get the Kia Stinger GTS
Wanting to push the levels of performance and style even further, Kia’s team of engineers got back to work on their award-winning gran turismo. The result is the new, special-edition 2020 Stinger GTS, with Dynamic AWD technology.
The bright-orange, special-edition Stinger GTS punches up its on-road prowess with a newly developed dynamic all-wheel drive system (D-AWD). The D-AWD system has been tweaked to close the gap in behavior between the AWD-equipped and RWD-equipped Stinger GT.
- Mechanical limited slip rear differential is added to the D-AWD system
- Drive Mode Select amplifies rear-biased dynamics
- Comfort mode sends 60 percent of power to the rear for feeling of stability
- Sport mode sends 80 percent of power to the rear for more spirited driving
- Drift mode sends up to 100 percent of power to the rear wheels and holds gears without upshifting
- New Control Logic
- Slip Control and Counter Steer Detection
- Transmission Shift Pattern
Under the hood, the limited-run Stinger is equipped with a 3.3-liter V6 twin turbo engine; an engine that puts out 365 horsepower and 376 lb-ft of torque. Added performance isn’t the only thing worth noting about the limited edition Stinger. The limited edition fastback also includes:
- Headliner blanketed in premium suede-like Chamude®
- Steering wheel and center console swathed in Alcantara®
- Center Stinger emblem replaces the Kia logo on the trunk lid for more custom appearance
- GTS rear emblem
- Genuine carbon fiber parts that outline the signature tiger nose grille, side mirror caps and side vents
- Exclusive “Federation” premium orange paint color
- 720-watt Harman/Kardon6 premium audio system with QuantumLogic7 and Clari-Fi8 signal enhancing technology
- A standard wireless charger for compatible smartphones
- A standard sunroof
The special edition Stinger GTS sells in North America for USD44,000 for RWD and around USD47,000 for D-AWD. Kia has committed to limiting the production of the GTS to just 800 units and all in left hand drive only, so no units for Malaysia and the Asia Pacific region.