This is the question many current Camry owners have been asking after the recent launch of the all new Camry. Toyota in Malaysia is having a good sales run with the all new Camry and the only itch with some buyers is the missing hybrid version. The previous Camry hybrid sold well and most owners by now want an upgrade to a new Camry, but there is no new hybrid powered Camry on sale as yet. This could change this year as there is rumors that Toyota has plans for the the hybrid to arrive in their showrooms nationwide. Meanwhile, let us share with you some features of the Camry hybrid to tickle you.
When the Toyota Camry Hybrid was developed, Toyota applied state-of-the-art technology, which offered the opportunity to improve the performance of the car. It is equipped with a new, more efficient, petrol engine, ‘Dynamic Force’ family, combined injection and a 2.5 liters’ cylinder capacity, producing 178hp.
Together, the Hybrid Propulsion System offered 218hp and 221Nm of torque. The transmission used was an adaptive hybrid with an electronic control system (e-CVT).
The engine working with the hybrid propulsion system ensured efficient fuel consumption (estimated consumption index – 4.5 liters in the combined cycle), low carbon emissions and silence during driving. The city’s fuel consumption index was 5.2 liters for every 100km/h traveled and 4.4 liters off the city.
The new Toyota Camry Hybrid was built on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform, which allowed the body to be strengthened and the center of gravity lowered. Thanks to the modern rear suspension with two double cross arms, the car has become more balanced and comfortable. The high-quality soundproofing system guarantees protection against external noise.
The hybrid version of the Toyota Camry when it arrives will be presented complete with new technology:
- The latest head-up color display with projection allows you to display the instrument panel instructions on the windscreen, a solution that simplifies the construction of a navigation route and displays important driver information.
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) helps you to safely and quickly change your lane. New technologies also facilitate the parking process. The Intelligent Clearance Sonar (ICS) parking control system controls the space behind the vehicle, reducing the risk of collision. The Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) back-up assistance system with emergency braking function can automatically activate the brakes as needed.
- Qi wireless charging allows you to charge your mobile phone without using a charger or power cord.
- The innovative JBL acoustic system with nine speakers gives the music a better sound and thanks to this, the journey becomes even more enjoyable.
The new Toyota Camry Hybrid is also available with a wide range of security systems. The Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) complex helps protect the driver and passengers. Its functionality package includes:
- cruise control with the proximity to the Front Car (ACC), which allows you to keep a safe distance to the forward-facing vehicle according to the specified travel parameters;
- automatic headlamps (AHB), providing excellent visibility during nighttime driving;
- a frontal collision warning system with automatic braking function (PCS) indicating possible collisions with daytime and night pedestrians and cyclists (throughout the day) and also contributing to avoiding or mitigating the effects of collisions with the vehicles in front of you;
- the Lane Output Warning System (LDA) which, using the camera, detects the visible white (yellow) markings and warns the driver about the intersection of the selected lane, applies the steering effort to return to the lane.
We wait patiently for the response from Toyota Malaysia on their 2019 product offence planning.