Published on September 18th, 2019 | by Hammer0
Mitsubishi 4WD System Delivers All-Terrain Performance
Mitsubishi’s signature 4WD system Super Select-II provides driver comfort and confidence when you need it, allowing your vehicle to adapt to each new surface under tread. Super Select-II has four settings to choose from, each suited to individual driving conditions.
Now for Malaysia comes a brand new Triton pickup truck in all Mitsubishi showrooms and it comes with proper off-road capability that you will need if your job or hobby takes you away from the smooth tarmac.
New Mitsubishi L200 4WD models are fitted with either Super-Select 4WD, which delivers optimum traction and handling characteristics for any given surface, or Easy-Select 4WD, which simplifies switching between drive modes for different road surfaces. With the addition of new drive modes, both 4WD systems deliver improved off-road performance.
Both Super-Select and Easy-Select 4WD systems use a new Off-road Mode which has GRAVEL, MUD, SAND and ROCK (in 4LLc only) settings. When engaged, Off-road Mode integrally controls engine power, transmission and braking to regulate the amount of wheel slip and thereby maximize all-terrain performance and self-extraction performance in mud or snow. Hill Descent Control electronically controls the speed to allow the driver to negotiate steep or slippery descents more safely and with more assurance.
Active Safety / Driver Assistance Systems
New Mitsubishi L200 retains the current model’s high-durability, high-reliability ladder-type frame and high impact-safety cabin structure while featuring class-leading advanced active safety and driver assistance systems.
Systems providing all-direction safety and reassurance are:
- Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM), which can detect vehicles and pedestrians ahead
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW with LCA), which helps avoid sideswiping another vehicle when changing lanes by detecting vehicles behind or at the rear quarter and alerting the driver with an audible alert and flashing light in their door mirror
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) which, in the same way, helps avoid collisions when reversing
- Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System (UMS) which reduces accidents resulting from improper use of the accelerator when moving off or reversing in car parks and other confined spaces.
- Providing convenient driver assistance are the Multi Around Monitor, which generates a bird’s eye view image of the area around the vehicle, and Parking Sensors.
Pickup Truck Performance & Functionality
The new Mitsubishi L200 features many detail improvements, directed by the Engineered Beyond Tough development keyphrase, to the durability and reliability sought in commercial use and to the comfort and ride sought in private use. Braking performance and feel are improved with the use of larger front discs and calipers; ride is improved with the use of larger rear dampers which contain more damping oil and switching to a six-speed automatic transmission from the current five-speed auto to allow smoother, more powerful acceleration and improved refinement.
Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia has priced this new Mitsubishi Triton from RM100k and available with a choice of 5 variants and 4 colours.
|Triton Adventure X||135,200.00||White Diamond, Jet Black Mica|
|Triton AT Premium||118,600.00||White Diamond, Graphite Gray|
|Triton MT Premium||112,500.00||White Diamond, Graphite Gray|
|Triton AT||105,990.00||White Diamond, Sterling Silver|
|Triton MT||100,200.00||White Diamond, Sterling Silver|