Published on November 26th, 2019 | by Hammer0
2020 Honda City Turbo Launched in Thailand
Honda Thailand has just launched the fifth-generation Honda City in Bangkok. The all-new Honda City takes driving performance to the next level with a new 1.0 liter VTEC TURBO engine that delivers 122 PS for the ultimate in performance combined with superior fuel efficiency, and it’s also fully equipped with advanced technologies for comfort and safety. An RS variant of the all-new Honda City is available for the first time, offering a sportier look with a complete RS package, the latest generation of Honda CONNECT technology that provides connectivity between a driver and car, and a new exterior color “Ignite Red.”
Mr. Masayuki Igarashi, Chief Officer for Regional Operations (Asia & Oceania), Honda Motor Co., Ltd., and President and CEO, Asian Honda Motor Co., Ltd., said, “Honda City, one of our most important models, was developed and launched as a regional model back in 1996. It has consistently received overwhelming feedback from the 1st through the 4th generation, with accumulated sales of four million units in 60 countries worldwide. The Asia & Oceania region is an important market for Honda City, with more than 100,000 units sold in the region in 2019 (January to September 2019), which accounts for almost 70% of Honda City sales worldwide. We also consider Thailand as a key market for Honda City due to the country’s strong market potential and because it is Honda’s largest production base in the region. As Thailand is the leading market for City, today Thai people will be the first to witness the world premiere of the 5th generation all-new Honda City, which we expect to create an unprecedented phenomenon as it exceeds the expectations of customers and sets a new standard for Thailand’s automotive market once again.”
So, what is new about the turbo engine? Well it is a DOHC petrol engine with 12-valves and just 998cc. It has a variable valve system, both VTEC and Dual VTC. This engine delivers 122 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and maximum torque of 173Nm at 2,000 – 4,500 rev / min. It works with a CVT.
Honda City TURBO Dimensions
- Length: 4,553 mm
- Width: 1,748 mm.
- Height: 1,467 mm.
- Wheelbase wheelbase: 2,589 mm
- Minimum distance to Ground Clearance: 135 millimeters
- Oil tank capacity 40 liters
The Previous Honda City dimensions are Length x Width x Height: 4,440 x 1,695 x 1,477 mm.
Wheelbase wheelbase: 2,600 mm. This new Honda City TURBO as compared to the previous model is 113 mm longer, 53 mm wider and 10 mm shorter, while the wheelbase is 11 mm shorter.
Honda City 1.0 TURBO Exterior Details
- 16 inch alloy wheels with tires 185/55 R16
- LED headlights
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Automatic headlight closing system When the engine is off
- LED front fog lights
- LED rear lights
- Gloss Black Glossy Front Grille
- Front bumper and sport grille with RS style
- Gloss Black rear spoiler
- Black sport mirror
- Side mirror with integrated turning lights
- Side mirror electrically adjustable and folded
- Shark Fin Antenna
- Front-rear window defroster system
Honda City 1.0 TURBO Interior Details
- The cabin is black tone.
- Automatic air conditioning system With digital display screen
- Honda Smart Key System
- Remote key with switch to open the trunk
- Push Start Button
- Idle Stop system with on-off switch
- 4-way adjustable steering wheel (up-down-in-out)
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Paddle Shift Steering Control
- Cruise Control
- Red Optitron Illumination Meter
- The screen shows MID driving information.
- Eco-friendly driving performance indicator lights
- ECON button
- Front sun visor With a makeup mirror
- Map reading light in front
- Illumination for luggage at the rear
- Handles inside the cabin 4 positions
- 4 electric windows, automatic adjustment up-down on the driver’s side
- Seating seat
- The seat is covered with suede, leather and fabric decorated with red thread (model RS).
- Leather seat (SV model)
- Interior material in a glossy black cabin
- Door handle inside chrome
- The driver’s seat is adjustable by hand in 6 directions.
- The front passenger seat is adjusted by hand in 4 directions.
- Armrest, rear seat With cup holder
- Document storage behind the front passenger seat
Honda City 1.0 TURBO Entertainment
- 8-inch Advanced Touch audio screen
- Supports Apple Car Play / Android Auto.
- Honda CONNECT connection system
- Operate car lock-unlock
- Order to start the car
- Order light on
- Show coordinates for Find My Car
- Supports smart phone connection
- Audio control switch on the steering wheel And answer the phone
- The audio system supports Smart Phone connection.
- Supports SIRI voice commands.
- 2 USB connectors
- HDMI connector
- 8 position speakers
- 12V charging port, 2 positions for rear passengers
Honda City 1.0 TURBO Safety
- ABS anti-lock braking system
- EBD brake force distribution system
- VSA balance control system
- HSA Slope Assist System
- Automatic emergency light while suddenly ESS brakes
- Auto Door Lock by Speed
- Front airbags 2 positions
- Side airbags 2 positions
- Airbag curtain 2 positions
- Front passenger seat belt warning system
- Burglar alarm system
- Immobilizer safety key system
- Rear view camera Can adjust the viewpoint by 3 levels
- ISOFIX child seat anchor points
Honda City 1.0 TURBO Exterior Body Colours
- Ignite Red Metallic (RS model only)
- Platinum White Pearl (RS / SV model only)
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steel Metallic Gray
- Taffeta White