Kia Seltos 2023 Model Unveiled But Still NO Launch Here
Revised Seltos just shown for the American buyer with higher specification.
Yes, we did get a brief glimpse of the first Seltos model a few years ago. However since the change in distributorship, from the Naza Kia (which started the Kia business in Malaysia decades ago) to Dinamikjaya Motors Sdn Bhd (which is part of BAuto) there has only been two Kia models launched for Malaysian buyers.
First came the fast selling and very large Kia Carnival MPV and then there was the all electric Kia EV6.
Meanwhile, get ready for the arrival of the 4th generation Kia Sorento SUV which is the next Kia model to be launched in Malaysia. Speaking to Kia Motors Malaysia management, it seems that there is no hint about the launch of the Kia Seltos for Malaysia.
Interestingly, months before the change in distributorship, the first generation Kia Seltos was launched by Naza Kia with a price of RM115,268 for the 1.6EX and RM133,268 for the 1.6 GT-Line.
Now, years later, there is a revised Seltos with a lively powertrain underneath the hood for Seltos owners to enjoy commuting and navigating busy city streets, to driving along the coast on a surfing expedition or scouting for the next best camping spot.
PRESS RELEASE: The 2024 Kia Seltos continues to deliver a comfortable, capable and confidence-inspiring experience. The turbocharged engine gets a bump in power and a newly available transmission for smoother ride and handling.
- Revised Gamma 1.6-liter turbo GDI four-cylinder engine delivers a livelier driving experience with 20 extra horses for a total of 195 horsepower, paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission
- 0-liter four-cylinder MPI engine offers 147 horsepower and 132 lb.-ft. of torque routed through an Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT)
- Normal, Smart, and Sport drive modes that each use specific settings for powertrain, drivetrain and steering mapping to provide the desired driving experience
- Available active on-demand all-wheel drive (AWD) system is designed to provide all-weather capabilities and enhanced driving performance in a variety of circumstances with a center locking differential that can split power equally between the front and rear wheels for more severe environments. Torque vectoring is designed to increase traction by predicting which wheel will best utilize power, enhancing stability in corners, and giving the vehicle more precise handling dynamics in numerous situations
Convenience and driver technology features have been newly added to the 2024 Seltos, designed to make the journey more enjoyable for on-the-go consumers:
- Four USB ports; two in front and two in the rear help keep devices charged
- Power liftgate (available on SX Sunroof Package)
- Ventilated front seats (available on SX Sunroof Package)
New available additions to Kia Connect embedded connectivity in the 2024 Seltos:
- Digital Key 2 Touch: Allows customers to use their compatible iPhone, Apple Watch, and Samsung Galaxy smart devices as a virtual vehicle key to lock, unlock and drive. Furthermore, these keys can be shared with friends and family over text messages on available devices (available on SX Sunroof Package)
- Map and Infotainment Over-The-Air (OTA) updates: Can keep maps and infotainment system updated automatically with the latest functionalities to help deliver the best driving experience
Kia’s roster of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) keeps the 2024 Seltos up to date on some of the latest technology with newly added features:
- Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA) with Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection: Is designed to detect oncoming vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists under certain conditions. If the system detects that a collision may be likely, the system may apply the brakes to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects in certain conditions
- Blind Spot Collision Warning (BCW): Is designed to detect vehicles traveling in the next lane in certain circumstances. If the system detects a vehicle in its blind spot, an icon flashes in the mirror or a chime will sound if the turn signal is on (S trim and up)
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA) and Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (ISLW): Can detect a road’s maximum speed limit in some cases, provide alerts to the driver, and even limit the speed of the car depending on the settings (SX)
Additional ADAS features include:
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW): standard
- High Beam Assist (HBA): standard
- Lane Following Assist (LFA): standard
- Rear View Monitor (RVM): standard
- Safe Exit Warning (SEW): S Navigation Package and up
- Forward Collision Avoidance Assist 1.5 – includes Junction Turning: SX
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop and Go (SCC): SX
- Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control (NSCC, Curve): SX
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA): SX
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA): S and up