Published on August 19th, 2019 | by Hammer0
Honda Clarity PHEV Should Be Better Than Our 3rd National Car
The 3rd Malaysian national program is about to start and it will be Daihatsu with a new upper body and features. It will run on a previous generation Toyota hybrid system and is older than the current Prius system which has been around for seven years already.
Meanwhile we strongly believe that this Honda Clarity plug in hybrid would be a better option and if not Honda Malaysia should consider launching it here to rival the DreamEdge PHEV coming in 2021.
The Clarity’s 47-mile all-electric EPA range rating is the highest of any plug-in hybrid sedan. The Clarity Plug-In Hybrid enables comparatively inexpensive zero-emissions all-electric driving for most daily driving situations.
- 5-liter, 16-valve DOHC i-VTEC® Atkinson-cycle in-line 4-cylinder engine
- High-output electric motor with 181 peak horsepower and 232 lb.-ft. of torque
- 17kWh, 168-cell lithium-ion battery pack capacity
- Full charge in just 2.5 hours at 240 volts
- 110 MPGe all-electric combined (city& highway) EPA fuel economy rating1
- 44/40/42 MPG (city/highway/combined) EPA fuel economy rating1 (gasoline-only)
- 47 mile EPA electric-only range rating
- Roomy 5-passenger cabin
- 8-inch Display Audio with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ integration
- Highly efficient aerodynamics
- Standard Honda Sensing®
Occasional, or even frequent long-distance travel is also possible with the hybrid powertrain, which helped the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid receive a 340-mile combined gas-electric EPA range rating.
This flexibility to drive wherever and whenever a customer wants frees them of the “range anxiety” or recharging concerns that can accompany even long-range electric-only vehicles.
The Clarity Plug-in Hybrid comes well equipped with a long list of standard convenience, connected-car, safety and driver-assistive technologies, including LED exterior lighting, Honda Sensing®, Smart Entry with push-button start, and an 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen interface with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration.
This Clarity Plug-in Hybrid is also available in a Touring trim that adds leather seating, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, an 8-way power driver’s seat with two-position memory (upgraded from manual seat), a 4-way power front passenger’s seat and Honda satellite-linked navigation system.