The spaciousness of the rear seats (a new record for the new CMP platform) makes the new SUV Peugeot 2008 a particularly versatile SUV. Its length of 4.30m and its wheelbase of 2.60m also give it a comfortable boot volume until 434 L (VDA V210). The modularity is ensured by a two-position floor (depending on versions) which provides a virtually flat floor once the bench is folded.
Even more technological: the new Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D
The Peugeot i-Cockpit® is still based on the same fundamentals and offers flawless ergonomics for awakening the senses:
- a compact steering wheel, for better handling and better grip,
- a large HD touch screen at your fingertips,
- and now an innovative 3D heads-up receiver,
Information is placed in the driver’s line of sight. Depending on the version, the Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D instrument cluster projects it like a hologram. The indications are dynamic and animated: they get closer to the eye depending on their degree of importance or urgency, thereby increasing reactivity by around half a second. Unveiled on the new Peugeot 208, the Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D is a real innovation, a world first in the segment. It improves driving in every way: efficiency, readability, and safety are at an all-time high.
The touch screen can be 10 inches diagonally depending on the version, and it is controlled via touch shortcuts placed next to Toggle Switches or with the new voice command.
Accuracy and credibility abound since, in addition to sight, touch is also required when using foamed plastics on the dashboard as well as sophisticated and pleasant materials in many places, such as Alcantara® or Nappa® leather. The door panels and dashboard inserts have a “carbon” look, while the EAT8 gearbox control is 100% electric (“shift and park by wire”), allowing easy and intuitive operation. It is complemented by paddles on the wheel for the driver to take over quickly if needed.
Modern, connected and technological
Unprecedented and even scarce in this segment, the equipment and driving aids are taken from the upper segments and are at the highest level of Peugeot brand know-how. It’s an impressive technological arsenal, including:
Drive Assist plus, which paves the way to semi-autonomous driving. It combines:
the lane departure avoidance system, linked to the Lane Positioning making it possible to choose your position in the lane,
- the adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go function in EAT8 automatic gearbox,
- Park Assist that automatically manages the steering when entering and leaving a parking spot, with only 60 cm difference between cars when parked,
- the latest-generation automatic emergency braking, which also detects pedestrians and cyclists, day and night, from 5km/h to 140 km/h),
- active warning of involuntary lane crossing (or the roadside),
- driver warning alert, recommending a break if necessary,
- automatic switching of high beam, to focus even more on the road,
- further recognition of signs (one-way, stop) with recommendation for speed signs,
- active blind spot monitoring,
- the electric parking brake.
- As the co-pilots of everyday life, smartphones will also be in the new 2008. Its information will be integrated into the central screen thanks to MirrorScreen compatibility including MirrorLink™ connection protocols, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™.
In addition to the induction charging zone, up to 4 USB sockets are available depending on the version (2 in the front including one USB-C and 2 on the back).
The routes will be optimized with TomTom® Traffic connected 3D navigation, which gives real-time traffic status and recalculates routes automatically. The driver will also be informed about risk areas, surrounding points of interest.
The most demanding music lovers will be pleased ; the music lovers will be delighted. Developed in partnership with the French high-end specialist in high-fidelity sound FOCAL®, the premium Hi-Fi system of the new SUV Peugeot 2008 is the result of more than 3 years of work. Already present in the Hi-Fi versions of the Peugeot 3008, 5008 and 508, this premium equipment is now available on the new SUV Peugeot 2008. In addition to an optimal acoustic layout, the 10 loudspeakers use technologies patented FOCAL® usually reserved living room installations: 4 aluminum inverted dome tweeters, four 165mm Polyglass woofers, 1 Polyglass central speaker and a Power Flower™ triple coil subwoofer. They are paired with a 12-channel 515 W amplifier, providing a detailed, rich and dynamic music scene.
Based on the new and efficient modular platform of latest generation CMP (Common Modular Platform), the new SUV Peugeot 2008 is a multi-energy vehicle. It offers the freedom to choose the type of motorization according to your needs and own uses: 100% electric, petrol or diesel.
Because electric can be magical too, this first 100% electric SUV Peugeot makes it possible to reach a new world of sensations.
The engine with a power of 100 kW (136 hp) and a torque of 260 Nm available immediately ensure a daily ease in all situations. The 50kWh high capacity battery provides a range of up to 310 km according to the new WLTP standard. This battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160,000 km for 70% of its charging capacity.
The display of energy flows in the central display as well as in the Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D receiver is ludic and make it easy and intuitive to understand how the traction chain works.
Two intuitive modes of energy recovery when braking are available and accessible directly from the gear stick:
Drive (“D”), recovery is standard, for driving similar to a petrol or diesel vehicle
Brake (“B”), recovery allows deceleration directly from the accelerator pedal
The batteries are optimally installed in the floor, ensuring that choosing an electric version won’t affect the performance of the new SUV Peugeot 2008. This ensures the same room and boot volume as the internal combustion versions.
An essential marker of the Peugeot brand, the dynamic behaviour of the new SUV Peugeot e-2008 has been the subject of careful attention and provides a touch of road and driving pleasure comparable to petrol and diesel versions. The drive axles have been adapted and the weight distribution is optimal.
The charging time depends on the power available:
- 16h for full charge from a Legrand® Green Up™ plug,
- between 5h15 and 8h for a complete charge with a WallBox (three phase 11 kW with optional charger or single phase 7.4 kW)
- 30mn to recover 80% of battery with the 100 kW public terminals, the thermal regulation of the battery makes it possible to use terminals with this power.
- The programmable delayed charge is available from the navigation screen or from your smartphone with the MyPeugeot® application. This can also start charging at any time and allows you to check the charge level remotely.
For the highest level of thermal comfort, specific equipment has been developed:
- a 5 kW heating resistor and a 3kW climate compressor which are supplied by the traction battery, to provide heating and cooling in the passenger compartment,
- a heat pump and automatic regulation of the passenger compartment temperature to guarantee a level of comfort equivalent to the internal combustion versions. The system is suitable for optimized energy consumption,
- pleasant heated seats (depending on the version),
- thermal pre-conditioning programmable from the touchscreen or remotely via the MyPeugeot® smartphone app. Offering an ideal temperature in the cockpit as of the rise on board, this comfort is not done to the detriment of autonomy: when the vehicle is connected, energy necessary comes directly from the terminal of refill.